Fourteen in 14

I can't believe it is almost 2015.  That means the school year is halfway over.  What?  Right now is the perfect time to reflect on 2014.  Join the linky party with Hadar, Kristin, and Traci to share the highlights of your 2014.

I love my job!
Recently I have been adding scarves to my wardrobe.  I love the chevron, stripes, and glimmer on this scarf.  So festive!  Thank you to a teacher friend for this Christmas gift.
To be honest I do not go to the movies often.  This year I remember seeing 22 Jump Street, Dumb and Dumber To and Horrible Bosses 2.  They were pretty funny!
Parenthood is my favorite television series.  I started watching it last summer and quickly became hooked.  Unfortunately this is the last season with only a few episodes left.  Here's to hoping Julia and Joel reconcile.
Mellow Mushroom!

Great pizza!
 This summer I took the plunge and finally created my teaching blog, The Positive Teacher.  I love the collaboration and feedback.  It has been a fun journey so far.  Thank you to all of my supporters!
I am fortunate to have incredible parent support.  The room parents organized a class gift for me that I will never forget.
  It's what money can't buy that leaves an impression on our heart.  In this case it is watching my students grow and realizing I impacted each of them.  
{I did not take a picture of each flower since they have student's pictures on them}
It is impossible for me to pick 1 pin from this year.  Instead I chose my favorite holiday pin.  A student made this for me and I was able to find it on Pinterest.  Now I can't wait to make it for family and friends.
Recipe HERE
I am part of #compelledtribe where we are given topics to blog about.  Recently I blogged about What Inspires Me?  Read that post HERE

Finishing my K-12 Reading Endorsement.  

In June I traveled to Chicago to spend time with 2 of my best friends.  You know how it is post graduation… tough to find the time to see all of your friends in one place.  I cherish the moments when we are able to be together.
Any opportunity I had to see my college friends:
-Chicago trip in June
-One of my sorority sisters re locating back to Ohio.  Love being an hour away instead of 12.
-White Elephant/Christmas party with my college roommates (all of us are elementary teachers)

Another favorite memory is my friend from middle school announcing her pregnancy.  I am so happy for her and her husband who will welcome their baby boy this spring.  
In 2015 I will continue work on balancing my personal and professional life.  This is a work in progress...
Inspire

What are you looking forward to doing this break?  I will be on vacation in Arizona.  Looking forward to sunshine, spending time with family, and relaxing.  Have a Merry Christmas and I will see you in 2015!

No comments

Post a Comment