#OneWord2018


2017 showed me how much can change in a year.  Although the word change can have a negative connotation, I am very pleased with the changes that happened.

Big takeaways from 2017:
  • Moved back to Ohio in August.   I love being closer to family and college friends.
  • Started a new teaching job.  I continue my journey teaching all day Kindergarten at a brand new school.  I loved seeing the new building come together.  This school year has been nothing short of amazing and I am so happy where I'm at.
  • Graduated with my masters degree in literacy from the University of Dayton.  Go Flyers!
  • Traveled to Los Angeles, North Myrtle Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Delray Beach, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Phoenix.
                                                      
Moving forward, my #oneword2018 is present.

Present in 2018:

I completed my masters degree in a year and a half, which means 2017 was devoted to working hard in order to achieve that goal. Since I finished my masters degree in December, I now have much more free time, especially on nights and weekends.   I want to spend more time with family and friends as well as make time to do things I love such as traveling.  I also will hit pause more frequently to remind myself to live in the moment and not always feel on the go.

2017 was a positive year overall and I am excited to see what 2018 will bring!

1 comment

  1. Love your word, Allie! So many things to be grateful for in 2017 and it looks like 2018 will bring many more. As I watch snow flurries falling outside my office window, your word resonates even more with me. So important to be present in whatever we are doing. Life is so amazing. Don't want to miss out on any of it. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete