Classroom Tour 2017-2018

I hope everyone had a positive start to their school year!  I am SO happy to be back in home sweet Ohio.  I love my new school and am so happy with everything.  I have a wonderful group of Kindergarten students and very supportive families.

My school is newly rebuilt (old school was torn down in June).  Since it is a new building, we ordered furniture this past spring.  I am very fortunate to have many flexible seating options provided to us.  It is also the district's first year doing all day Kindergarten, which I taught the past 2 years at my previous school.   It was fun to see everything come together!  Below are pictures of my  Kindergarten classroom:
This is what you see when you first walk into my classroom.  The shelf in behind my couch holds math games and math manipulatives.  
Stools at my kidney table are from Five Below.
View from my carpet.  The blue chair is where I sit during mini lessons.
Themed bookshelf and calendar
The black crate to the left is where students place pencil boxes if they are working on the carpet with a scoop rocker.
Took advantage of the small space below my whiteboard.
View on the left when you walk in.  I sure missed having a bathroom in my classroom!  
Classroom Library
Shelf below the television holds student book boxes and the shelves below the word wall are picture books sorted by theme/author/genre.  The student work above the tv is covered since it is a student name craft.  Sorry!
READ letters are from Target dollar spot this summer.
All of the beautiful cabinets and cubbies!
The posters on the cabinets are Zones of Regulation, which my grade level is doing with our school psychologist and occupational therapist. 
The is the far right side of my classroom, my writing area.  Each student has a writing goal they focus on.  To the right of that are monthly themed words.  The door leads to my teammate's classroom.  
Scoop Rockers: Originally purchased from Wal Mart over a year ago, but they can also be found on Amazon.

Thanks for reading!


No comments

Post a Comment