Big takeaways from 2016:
- In May I started my masters degree in Literacy. I am officially halfway done!
- Began my 2nd year living in North Carolina.
- Traveled to Hilton Head Island, Asheville, North Myrtle Beach, Cabo San Lucas, Savannah, Charleston and home to Ohio. Can you tell traveling is a hobby of mine?
- Went to a co-workers wedding.
Moving forward, my #oneword2017 is gratitude.
Gratitude in 2017
- Complete the remaining coursework for my masters degree. and graduate in December. Although full time teaching and working on coursework is a lot to balance, I choose to be grateful that I have the opportunity to study a topic I am so passionate about.
- Being a member of #CompelledTribe-- members take the time to listen to me, stretch my thinking, provide feedback, and are truly positive leaders. I am lucky to learn from them.
- Family. Although being 2 plane rides away from family comes with challenges, I continue to enjoy any time we can spend together.
- Friends. 2016 was the year my friends showed me how much they were there for me. I couldn't be more thankful to those that never left my side, checked in on me, and reminded me to stay strong. In 2017, I will continue to show gratitude to my friends and make more memories.
- Students. As I gain years of teaching experience, I love watching my students grow and continue to maintain connection. I strive to have fun and continue to do what is best for my students.
2017-- let's make it great!