After reading a post from someone in my #compelledtribe, I became inspired to write about why I love teaching. First off, with Valentine's Day I can't help but think of what or who I love in my life. With PARCC, Terra Nova, OAA… whatever the acronym is for your grade level, it seems that everyone is under a lot of pressure right now. It is the perfect time to reflect on why we teach.
I love teaching because….
1. I get to work with children. Primary (K-3) is the place for me and I love their enthusiasm.
2. Relationships- Getting to know the staff, students, parents, and community. It is all about the people.
3. Teaching is never boring. Everyday is a new challenge and opportunity to make a difference in a child's life.
4. I am a lifelong learner and love growing as a teacher and person. Thanks to my PLN for always stretching my thinking.
5. Guiding students to become lifelong learners.
6. I love using my creativity to inspire my students with engaging lessons.
7. Observing student growth is so rewarding. Knowing I contributed to their growth is the best feeling.
Taking a trip down Memory Lane...
I found this on my desk at the beginning of the school year from a student. So sweet! Makes my teacher heart happy to see how much my students love school.
This was the class gift to me in December. Each student decorated a flower with their picture. I love the "thank you for helping us grow" part- making a difference in my student's lives.
Stay positive! What do you love about teaching?