#LoveTeaching

After reading a post from someone in my #compelledtribe, I became inspired to write about why I love teaching.  First off, with Valentine's Day I can't help but think of what or who I love in my life.  With PARCC, Terra Nova, OAA… whatever the acronym is for your grade level, it seems that everyone is under a lot of pressure right now.  It is the perfect time to reflect on why we teach.

I love teaching because….
1. I get to work with children.  Primary (K-3) is the place for me and I love their enthusiasm.
2. Relationships- Getting to know the staff, students, parents, and community.  It is all about the people.
3. Teaching is never boring.  Everyday is a new challenge and opportunity to make a difference in a child's life.  
4. I am a lifelong learner and love growing as a teacher and person.  Thanks to my PLN for always stretching my thinking.
5. Guiding students to become lifelong learners.
6. I love using my creativity to inspire my students with engaging lessons.
7. Observing student growth is so rewarding.  Knowing I contributed to their growth is the best feeling.

Taking a trip down Memory Lane...
I found this on my desk at the beginning of the school year from a student.  So sweet!  Makes my teacher heart happy to see how much my students love school.
This was the class gift to me in December.  Each student decorated a flower with their picture.  I love the "thank you for helping us grow" part- making a difference in my student's lives.

Stay positive!  What do you love about teaching?

1 comment

  1. I really enjoy the #LoveTeaching hashtag. It is is something that we don't get to say often enough to one another. I think your "lack of boredom" captures teaching very well. We are never going to be bored if we keep exploring.

    We will never rest on our laurels or face a new day without knowing that we will do things never done before. It is an immense responsibility and we face it head on. I think your positive outlook is goes a long way to making sure that we don't get slapped in the face when we do so.

    P.S. This comment is a part of the #C4C15 project. Find out more here: http://learningischange.com/blog/2014/12/27/c4c15/

    ReplyDelete