Liebster Award

Thank you to Stephanie over at A Touch of Class, Abbie from Steppin Up to First Grade and Katie from Living the First Grade Dream for nominating me for this award! The Liebster Award is for bloggers who have less than 200 followers but have great content and potential! 

1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging? I started blogging in July.  Over the summer I became involved on Twitter and I felt blogging was the next step for my professional growth.  I strive to be a lifelong learner.  My goal is to share my ideas, experiences, and tips for the primary classroom.  I love to collaborate and meet new teachers.

2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why? Learning.  I constantly read teaching blogs thanks to the BlogLovin' app.  I love having all of the blogs I follow in one place.  There are so many times that I read a blog post and I gain a new idea or lesson for my classroom.   I hope to do the same for teachers.  
   
     3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before? I created a blog planner after a few weeks in this journey.  It is such a time saver for me.  No more post it notes filled with ideas.  With my blog planner I organize my future posts.  This tool also keeps me accountable so I don't drift away from the blogging world.

4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging? I love to travel.  Most of my college friends live in Chicago so I fly out there every few months.  My family travels to Arizona, Florida, and South Carolina every year for vacation.  My mom's side of the family has been going to Hilton Head Island since she was in high school.  

5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?  My guess would be a few hours.  I try to write 2-3 posts a week.

6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most? Holidays.  

7. Where does your blog inspiration come from? I have many sources of inspiration... Twitter, Instagram (teacher accounts), Teaching Blogs, or my own experiences.

8. Which post that you've written are you most proud of? My post about writing in the primary classroom: HERE
  
9. Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have postponing it for a while now?
Yes!  I have been working on a post about reading workshop.

10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging? As a (beginning) teacher, reflection is an essential component to my growth.  I like having another method for reflecting on my classroom experiences and receiving instant feedback.  I also enjoy connecting with other teachers outside of my geographic area.

11. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself? I will join her Teacher Tip Tuesday linky!   

So here are my nominations for the Liebster Award:
1. Abbey from Tremendous First Grade Tales
2. Erin from Super in 2nd
3. Alex from the Kindergarten Connection
4. Rachael from 180 Days to Happy
5. Abbie from Steppin Up to First Grade
6.  Kim from DomiKiddos
7. Lisa from Pawsitively Learning
8. Allyson from Going Strong in 2nd Grade
9. Colleen from Literacy Loving Gals
10. Noelle from Giggles at Greene
11. Dawn from Revenge of the Thirds

To those who have been nominated, here are the "official" rules for accepting:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out."
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!)

3 comments

  1. I just discovered your blog and I love it! I also nominated you for the Liebster Award. This was before I noticed that you had already been nominated ;) oops, I guess it just shows lots of us think your blog is worth nominating!
    Check it out here:
    http://steppinuptofirstgrade.blogspot.com/2014/10/liebster-award-nomination-guess-what-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved learning more about you!!! Thanks so much for the sweet nomination! I just accepted the Liebster award awhile back (like a month maybe, not too long ago!) but it was great to see you thought of me! It is fun connecting with other bloggers. I like the reminder in your answers about blogging being helpful as part of reflection in our teaching! See you more in the "blogging world!" I will look forward to reading your readers workshop post!
    Alex (The Kindergarten Connection)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Allie! I loved learning more about you, my READING CREW colleague! ;) I get my inspiration from the same place. Thanks again for nominating Literacy Loving Gals and me for the Liebster Award! I can't wait to pay if forward to other new bloggers. :)
    Literacy Loving Gals

    ReplyDelete