Sunday, April 23, 2017

Recharging My Batteries

I had spring break two weeks ago and it was the first time having a day off since January (thanks snow days...)  Teaching Kindergarten and completing my literacy intervention practicum this semester kept me busy.  Once spring break came, I was very eager to relax and take the time to slow down.

One of my hobbies is traveling (within the United States) to see friends, explore a new city, or relax at the beach.  I fly many times a year and I find it so relaxing to unplug and enjoy the ride.   I typically travel over any break we have from school.  Spring break was no exception.
I hadn't seen my college roommate/sorority sister in 10 months.  I met her at North Myrtle Beach for   2 days.  

I flew to Cincinnati to look at apartments then spent the weekend in Columbus for Easter with my parents.
The girls pictured above were a roommate and sorority sister in college.  Both currently teach in the Cincinnati area and I am beyond excited to live in the same city as them.

I purchased both of these at the Simply Vague store at a mall in Columbus.  
Shirt: This is Home
Mason Jar: The Heart of it All
I love the meaning behind both items, as Ohio is my home.  

Now I have a 3 week break from grad classes before my 3 summer classes start.  I have been enjoying the time at night to work out more frequently, catch up on tv shows, and go to bed earlier.    


No comments:

Post a Comment