Friday, April 3, 2015

Five for Friday- April 3

I have not linked up for Five for Friday in a few weeks.  It has been busy!
I wore this outfit earlier in the week.  So excited to wear more colors since spring is here.
Top: Tommy Hilfiger
Pants: Old Navy Pixie Pants (red)
A literacy center this week: "egg"cellent rhymes.  Students matched the eggs with rhyming words.
One of our math workstations this week: "egg"cellent comparisons.  Students rolled the 2 dice then determined which number is greater or less.
This week was our rabbit unit.  I read Duck!  Rabbit!
LEFT: Color the template based on their opinion (duck or rabbit).
RIGHT: Support their opinion with reasoning.
Visit this blog for both free resources  HERE
I also integrated this with our current math unit: comparing numbers 0-10.  We voted as a class whether we thought it was a duck or rabbit.
I purchased DeeDee Wills' April Writing Station.  I love the clear learning objectives and the checklist is student friendly.

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I LOVE that you used the Duck/Rabbit activity. Thanks for the shout out! :) My kids absolutely love this activity every year, and now I'm going to have to add in your math component. Great idea!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete