Sunday, December 21, 2014

New Year, New Goals for 2015

Today I am linking up with Mrs. D's Corner to share my goals for 2015.
Personal:  In December I have been going out to eat for dinner often.  When I return from vacation I need to start cooking again.  
Professional:  During the school year I spend plenty of time reading and sharing professional articles.  However, I want to find more time to read professional books.  Any suggestions?
Planning: I am a teacher that likes having a clear scope and sequence.  Over break I want to start planning my units and thinking about what needs to be achieved for the rest of the school year.
Organization:  As I gain more teaching experience I accumulate more resources.  Should I organize the files on my computer by unit?  Standard?  Month?
Students:  Although this can vary depending on the age of your students, I make sure my students have time each day to read independently.  It does take time to build stamina, but in the long run the independent reading is very beneficial for students.
Motto:  I always try to look at the positive.  I want to be a positive role model for my students as well as others around me.  Sometimes it seems easier to focus on everything going wrong.  Instead move forward by focusing on what's improving.  This is better for you and your students!  I want to praise my students and let them know I am proud of them.

Enjoy the rest of 2014!  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Allie!
    I loved this link up! I agree with all of your goals, especially organization! That's what I need to do too!
    Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting kids to read, read, read! Wonderful goal and one I try to work on each day! Have a happy holiday and relax!
    Sebrina
    Burke's Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals, Allie! Optimism is the way to happiness and sharing it with others is the best gift of all. Happy Holidays!
    Literacy Loving Gals

    ReplyDelete