Friday, October 10, 2014

Five for Friday- October 10

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky.

Has anyone else participated in SLANT box before?  September was my first time and I really enjoyed getting to know other educators.  I mean.. look at the gifts I got.  She nailed it!  This was a positive way to end my Monday for sure.

1- chevron scarf
2- chevron journal
3- chevron notepad
4- magnet teacher quote... just happens to be one of my favorite quotes!
4- Post It tabs
5- Flair Pens
6- Keep Calm and Teach On t-shirt
7- Mini Oreos.. that I already ate.  Oops!

Thanks again, Stephanie!
{sorry for the dirty white board}
We started talking about what a paragraph looks like.  This hamburger visual does a great job of illustrating what a paragraph needs.

 Regrouping is a tough concept for students to master.  This poem is a visual reminder for students as they solve subtraction problems.  I have students keep this in their math folder.

We are working on suffixes for our current word study unit.  With an active class, I try to incorporate around the room activities.  For this activity I placed the cards in random spots around the room.  Based off the card the students find, they have to determine if there is an -s or -es added to the base word.  

I officially have my K-12 reading endorsement!!  I spent last school year taking graduate school courses and I am so happy that I can officially check this off my list!

3 comments:

  1. Slant boxes are great!!! Hope you enjoy yours!!!
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your reading endorsement! Thanks for stopping by BigTime Literacy!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slant boxes...what are they? I'd like to get stuff in the mail...he he.

    ReplyDelete