October is Connecting Educators Month. As many of you know, I started this blog over the summer as well as my Twitter account. I love that these tools are free and I can access new ideas or professional articles anytime and anywhere. My goal was to grow professionally and also inspire other educators with my journey, ideas, and resources. Even though I haven't met some of these educators in person, I know I can count on them for support or feedback. I am a member of the Compelled Tribe and participate in weekly Twitter chats. Some chats are with teachers that work in the same geographic area as me. We may work in different districts or schools, but I love that we can connect with one another to do what is best for kids. Being connected with the digital world has helped me grow as an educator.
In addition to my Professional Learning Network, I have grown from the relationships with my grade level team. But what are the advantages to working with a team?
- Team members support and motivate each another.
- Team members bring different levels of experience and ideas.
- Each team member has a high level of enthusiasm and drive since we are working towards a shared vision.
- Team members share resources.
- Team members hold each other accountable.
What does being a connected educator mean to you?
Thank you to everyone that continues to support me and my teaching journey. I appreciate you!