Friday, September 26, 2014

Positive Note Friday

On Monday, the topic for #DubChat on Twitter was Parent Communication.  One of my strengths is my communication skills.  In the classroom I use e-mail, phone calls, handwritten notes, weekly newsletters, Remind and of course face to face communication.  As a teacher, especially in the beginning of your career, it is easy to get caught up in the day to day situations that occur in our classroom.  That doesn't stop me from taking the time to address positive behaviors.  Introducing... Positive Note Friday!

                                            {ignore my handwriting.. I wrote this very quick!}
                                               Original Idea: credit to One Fab Teacher
Yep, that's it.  No cute template and it is not time consuming.  Even though technology is playing a huge role in classrooms, a handwritten note still holds meaning.  I tape the note onto the student's desk and they see it the following morning.  I love seeing their excitement- especially when they show other classmates or friends.  My non-negotiable is setting aside 15-20 minutes every Friday to address positive behavior.  Since I praise my students daily, this communication is a note or phone call.

Last night was the Parenthood season premiere and tonight is Shark Tank.  Can't wait to relax tonight.. tired teacher right here!

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for having a non-negotiable of recognizing positive behavior. You care creating memories that kids will remember forever. Kids also want to work for teachers who will recognize their good behaviors. Your students are lucky to have you as their teacher!
    Jennifer
    #compelledtribe

    ReplyDelete