Friday, August 15, 2014

Five for Friday- August 15

I am linking up Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday link.  This week my 5 things are about back to school fashion.  Whether you have been teaching 1 or 30 years, teachers should dress professionally.  Although some schools may have a more laid back dress code, I believe teachers should always look put together.  Most school districts near me allow teachers to wear jeans on Friday so I included casual options as well. I spent some time enjoying the sunshine and doing a fun photo shoot around my house.


I love chevron!  When I saw this dress, I knew I had to buy it.  It is comfortable and versatile.  To make this outfit more professional, wear a cardigan or blazer.  You can't tell in the picture, but the dress hits my knees.  Yay for being petite!
Dress: Kohl's {purchased this week}
Jean Jacket: The Limited
This outfit is a black short sleeve dress paired with a green blazer.  I love this blazer because I can wear it with pencil skirts or pants.  
{sorry, don't remember where either outfit piece was purchased}
**Casual Friday outfit**
 You can't tell in the picture, but I love the back of this shirt because it is longer than the front.  I like to buy pieces that have multiple purposes.  For example, this outfit can be worn casually or professionally.  To dress up this outfit, wear dress pants with a black or gray cardigan.  
Top: Charlotte Russe {purchased this week}
Black Jeans: Forever 21
I adore this outfit!  The pencil skirt is bright and fitted.  I wouldn't wear those wedges to school, but I do like to wear some sort of heel with my pencil skirts.  I also would have partially buttoned the cardigan, but it was hot outside.
Gray Cardigan: Target
Lacy Tank Top: Macy's
Blue Pencil Skirt: The Limited 

Doesn't this pose remind you of high school senior pictures?  Oops...
Although I am wearing jeans in the picture, this shirt can be worn with khakis.
Button Down Top: JCP {purchased this week}
Jeans: Target
Watch: Fossil {This was a birthday present in February, but I have still seen it sold in stores recently.}

Did you know today is National Relaxation Day?  One of my favorite places to relax in the summer {besides the beach} is my porch.  Tonight I will be enjoying another new book that a teacher friend recommended to me.  What do you do to relax after a long day/week?  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Cute outfits! My school has a casual dress code, too, but I'm so short and young-looking that I tend to blend in with my kiddos if I don't dress up a bit!
    -Meg
    TalesandTeacherisms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dear! I just saw you comment on my blog... and now notice you live in Ohio! Me too! Where do you live?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute outfits, Allie! Glad we found each other! :)

    ReplyDelete