Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Book Talk Tuesday- Little Miss P

I am linking up with Deanna Jump for Book Talk Tuesday.
Whether I am teaching a mini lesson or working with a guided reading group, I make it a priority to find books that adhere to my student's interests.  2 of the girls I tutor LOVE dinosaurs.  In the past it was challenging to find picture books that are developmentally appropriate and engaging for them.  Over the weekend I read Katie King's blog post about a book her friend wrote and I immediately purchased the book!  Introducing... Little Miss P
Little Miss P shows girls that they can like something besides princesses and tiaras. As a classroom teacher, I want my students to feel safe and at home.  This book illustrates that it is ok to have a hobby that may be different than others. Since the beginning of the school year is devoted to developing procedures/routines and getting to know our students, Little Miss P is a fantastic book to share with your new class.  I love that the author also included a glossary to clarify any dinosaur related terms.  

Katie King wrote a detailed blog post about this book HERE.  Did I mention her blog post has a discount code?  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book but it looks like one that I need to get my hands on! Thanks for sharing!! :)
    Amber
    Mrs. Masters’ Kinder Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of it either.. Thanks for sharing.
    Cute blog! I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete